Monday, August 20, 2012

The end is near

Prague, the penultimate stop on my trip. I learned the word penultimate when I was with my friend Jake in France. It means second to last.

What is there to say about Prague? I hate to sound like a broken record but I went to some art museums (shocking), I explored back alleys, made friends, and had a great time. I know that's a short description and not giving my time in Prague justice but my mind is going eight different directions right now. My favorite art museum in Prague was the AMOYA. It stands for something along the lines of Art Museum of Young Art (or is it Artists?) It was probably my favorite museum. It felt... fresh. Fresh because I've been to loads of art museums (not that I'm complaining), I've seen dozens of modern art museums. This museum was for students. There were things here that would not make it into a big art museum. These are regular people's ideas. No preconceptions about what should be in a museum, just someone doing what they wanted and as a result it was by far the most original museum I've been to.

I noticed my past couple posts contained a LOT of architectural shots. The buildings over here are fantastic and I didn't realize how much I shot of them until I started to sort through pictures for ones to load. I made a conscious effort to make sure I shot more than just buildings.












Outside of DOX, a contemporary art museum



John Lennon wall



A rendition of Napoleon Crossing the Alps in AMOYA

AMOYA

Life size rocking horse. Made out of a taxidermied horse! 


Prague Castle





No comments:

Post a Comment