Saturday, August 4, 2012

I go to Valencia for the oranges

I left Barcelona with my new friend, Tom. He's the commercial photographer from Australia. He wanted to shoot the  Ciudad de Arte y Ciencas building in Valencia for his portfolio and I was more than happy to come along and shoot it too. We rode in a first class bus to Valencia. It was WAY better than regular buses. It wasn't cramped and free treats!

At the hostel Tom and I stayed in there were a couple of friends from Belgium in our room. They were cool, figuratively. Literally poor Nicolas was the same color and as tender as a piece of raw meat. Isabel is going to university where she made this. It's all made out of sweets!

We went to the IVAM (modern art museum of Valencia). It was well put together. There was an excellent photography exhibit documenting life in for children in prison in Sierra Leone. It was eye opening and made me appreciate my country. In Valencia there was a truckload of street art on the walls. It was great to wander around and see it all. Everyday we'd take a new winding route to the juice bar just to try and find as much as we could.

Being on the coast of the Mediterranean we made sure we got some beach time in everyday. After Valencia we went to Alicante, a couple hours south of Valencia. The hostel we stayed at was more like a hotel. We didn't meet anybody but still had a good time. Lots more beach time. From Alicante I said bye to my friend Tom and made my way to Barcelona to head to fly to Istanbul.

And oh, I had my Valencian orange and it was delicious.




 Ciudad de Arte y Ciencas








































































No comments:

Post a Comment